PREVIOUS: INTUITION – 2a
SITE : “4 Levels of Intuition”
2. INTUITION (cont.)
a. MBTI // b. Small Children
c. Paying Attention
• As ACoAs we were taught to deny or make fun of our natural instincts, so when our gut tells us to do OR not do something, via an intuitive flash, we usually ignore it – to our detriment! We may experience anxiety or a tightening in the gut & wonder if we should or shouldn’t act on those ‘feelings’. Remember the ‘ick factor’.
• Not follow our intuition throws us out of alignment with our higher sense of knowing – physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually (PMES) – we usually end up compromising ourselves, & are sorry afterwards for getting ourselves into some mess, even though we knew better! PAY ATTENTION!
• Intuition can also be an aspect of ‘spirituality’, either in conventional or esoteric forms. Some call it their ‘still small voice’ (not the WIC or PP!).
It’s used in everyday life to solve problems, & receive divine guidance, love, healing, wisdom & inspiration. (TREE, July 2011)
• Very sensitive people have an ability to pick up vibrations (electrical energy) emanating from all living things, including colors & auras. (Science: Human auras // Emotional energy images)
Such people need training, not only to use the ability correctly, but especially to learn shielding, so they’re not constantly flooded by external input
• Intuitive info can also hit us when we’re needed to help a loved one under stress or in danger
• It may be inner wisdom showing a way to solve a problem or heal old emotional damage that surfaces, so it can be processed
Sources that FEED Intuition:
• Carefully observing patters of human behavior over the years, for a general sense of what to expect from people
• Paying attention to what people tell us about themselves, especially the negative! so we’re not shocked the next time their damage shows up – in our face!
• Having repeated life experiences with a specific category of people or situations, where the outcome has been consistently the same (with narcissists, active addicts, depressives, ragers … OR if we’re wise, with sane well-balanced people). Their style is predictable, whether healthy or unhealthy, so we can trust our intuition about them
➼ If we practice Awareness & Acceptance (from the 3 As), then even when we meet someone for the first time – we can basically tell what they’re like.
Once we recognize their type, we can decide quite soon if it’s safe to stay OR get away from them! We don’t have to suffer all the time if we just stay awake!
EXP: Before doing any ACoA & FoO work, Brenda spent a lot of time in singles bars, listening to men talk about themselves (& getting picked up). Most were alcoholics & narcissists.
Brenda was victimized by these toxic men – selfish, insensitive, unavailable, often married, arrogant or self-deprecating…. but was gathering valuable info from listening to their ‘lines’ & the pain of being used & dumped. After a couple years of this, she could catch the pattern within 15 to 20 minutes of conversation with any new ‘contender’.
— When she said: “No thanks…. we’re not compatible”, the men would usually respond: “How can you tell, you haven’t given me a chance!”
But by this time, even without Recovery, Brenda had recognized the type right off. She might feel a little twinge of guilt or doubt, but stuck to her decision!
🎼🎹 Once you know a song by heart, you only need to hear the first few bars – to recognize it!”
NEXT: INTUITION #2c