SITE: E Thinking vs I Thinking
Inner dichotomy STACK Preferences (cont.)
A JUDGING Function: They (T & F) are referred to as ‘rational’ because they use deliberate cognitive reasoning. Input received from P has no meaning until the J function processes it.
T = THINKING makes linear assessment based on logical axioms. Decisions come from using cause/effect, if/then, true/false choices to reach validity. Analyzes whether info received makes sense or not.
EXP: Decides whether the concept of gravity works or not.
** T-types assess things based on whether or not they work (Te is not about how smart one is)
Te – Extroverted THINKING, outer directed
As DOM: ENTJ & ESTJ // As AUX: INTJ & ISTJ
Nicknames: Practical Logic , Effectiveness
Spot by: Having facts & assertive opinions. Seek logic & consistency in the outside world. Concern for external laws and rules
Q: “How do I implement this idea, or organize the world around me?”
Potential STRENGTH: leader, organizer
Potential WEAKNESS: controlling, rigid
Basic Desire: Organize outer world with reason & logic
Te perspective: Effectiveness – “More efficiency!”
It analyzes & optimizes external systems, methods, operations – to organize the external world, based on their logical structure. Concerned with external laws & rules.
Authoritative leadership brings order & accomplishments. Wants to do ‘what makes sense’,
EXP: Decides the concept of gravity works because i’s been seen in practice
IMAGE: Like an office, organized, & lets everyone know to get things done the right way
GIFT: Teaching – organizing the community for social justice
Physically: (As Dom) Constraint in eyes & smile, seems a little uncomfortable. Minimal / optimal use of brain
• Te Dom types can seem bossy or know-it-alls, even when they genuinely mean well
• are extremely goal oriented. They’ll usually ask about your goals, subtly or overtly.
• enjoy talking about plans they’ve & the expected outcomes
• are bothered by inefficiency, & strongly dislike people being late or veering off topic when there’s work to be done
• will always argue from a results-based, purely practical standpoint
• will immediately jump to solving problem as quickly & effectively as possible, when asked for help
• These types usually advocate staying organized, setting goals and making whatever choice will get the best result
Ti = Introverted THINKING – inner directed
As DOm: ISTP & INTP // As AUX: ESTP & ENTP
Nicknames: Theoretical Logic, Accuracy
Spot by: being logical without any facts. Seeks internal consistency & logic of ideas.
Trusts an internal framework, which is hard to explain
Q: “How do I understand this idea ?”
Potential STRENGTH: rational, intellectual
Potential WEAKNESS: critical, socially awkward
Basic Desire: Organize inner world rationally, understand ideas
Ti perspective: Accuracy – “Well, technically….”. It has a deep inner understanding of what makes sense, exploring & refining systems, methods & strategies, based on a complex rules. Analyzes ‘how it is’, EXP: decides the concept of gravity works because it’s supported by facts
IMAGE: Like a science lab, because after the experiments, it can do a good job of analyze results
GIFT: Knowledge – assimilating complex concepts
Physically: (As Dom) critical stare, tight-lipped. Also minimal / optimized use of brain
• Ti Dom types
— are not interested in most small-scale decisions, & will avoid making them whenever possible
— require a great deal of alone-time. They aren’t shy about overtly ignoring others if they’re infringed on
— often have a grumpy or aloof surface, but a good sense of humor underneath
— may have trouble explaining something directly – tending to veer off & get lost explaining different parts of how something works
• in a conversation, they may ask slightly different versions of the same question several times, trying to figure out exactly how it fits with what they already know
• may zone out of conversations, as they relate what you’re saying to what they already know – & then zone back in to ask clarifiers
• These types usually advocate looking at things objectively, questioning everything, to ensure they understand a situation fully before making a decision about it.
NEXT: e & i Feeling