IMAGE ⬆️ posted byu/snake-chick – INFJ (July 2020)
PREVIOUS: NEEDS – 3 Categories (Part 1)
SITE: “Correlation between Human Needs system, Personality & Motivation” (Economic approach to needs & preferences = Scholarly article, Romania)
3 Categories of NEEDS (Ns) : Human, Personality, Damage
2. PERSONALITY (cont)
🤓 In Recovery, the goal is to identify as many of our personality QUALITIES, which connect to our needs, AND finding healthy ways to provide them, both by our selves and through our relationships with others – one-to-one, in groups or from the larger world.
• Artistic types need to express their talents with imagination & self-expression vs the Scientifically oriented who need order & proof
• Introverts need a lot of down time vs Extroverts
• Emotional types need to identify how someone / something feels vs Thinking types who need to ‘logic it out’
• Loud people need a ‘platform’, an audience & many outlets vs quiet ones who need peaceful surroundings….
• Parental types need to care for children vs non-‘nurturers’ who prefer work
• Realistic Idealists – to accomplish something valuable for humanity vs Worker types who only focus on the task at hand
• Physically oriented need to move around a lot vs more the sedentary…..
• Those who love ‘green’ nature vs water environments…..
➡️ LIPS : Personality Tests
🤓 Theories of personality are based on motives, which can be seen in behaviors which are controlled by needs (see Part 1). While some are temporary & changing, others are more deeply seated in our nature.
Henry Murray, (American psychologist, 1893–1988) described psychogenic (inborn) needs as a “potentiality or readiness to respond in a certain way, under certain given circumstances.” They function mostly on the unconscious level, while playing a major role in our personality.
These needs include:
• Affection Ns – our desire to love & be loved
• Ambition Ns – for achievement & recognition
• Information Ns – to gain knowledge & share it with others
• Materialistic Ns – for acquisition, construction, order & retention
• Power Ns – both for our own independence, & to control others (Explanations….)
🤓 Study with 2,477 company apprentices in Germany
✦ Apprentices distinguished between need-satisfaction in different contexts (vocational training & work)
✦ Personality traits, mainly predicting life satisfaction
✦ Basic psychological need-satisfaction (BPNS) predicted context-specific outcomes, more than Personality Traits (More…)
🤓 From Bell Labs , one of the most productive R&D labs – “8 Key Personality Types for Innovation Teams”:
Analytical type (T) – who has the need to figures out a sustainably profitable business model
• Consensus T – a need to help everyone collaborate well
• Get Stuff Done T – the need to push team to complete a minimum viable version of the product, & get it to market early
• Happy Go Lucky T – who need to keep things lights, as a playful life-the-party, especially during idea creation & innovation
• Perfectionist T – they need to quality-assurance-check the product
• Pragmatic T – the need to test all dreams against reality
• Supportive T – a need to encourage everyone on the team
• Visionary Creative T – need to see the world as they would want it to be (Described)
🤓 TYPES (by Color….) The Tendencies listed for each type can be considered needs / desires they want fulfilled – although not all may be possible, or only to varying degrees, depending on internal or external circumstances.
🤓 From TRYTON Capital Investors – chart shows the 9 types of investor personalities, which identifies each one’s specific NEEDS.
“‘Behavioral Finance’ combines psychology & economics to explain why & how investors act, & analyze how that behavior affects the market.
Based on where someone falls on the axis we can make a number of assumptions about your objectives, your attitude towards risk & then what may or may not be a suitable investment …..” (MORE….)
🤓 4 CUSTOMER Types & how to SELL to each
◆ Amiable – picky hoarder in the best way
◆ Analytical – values information
◆ Driver – goal-oriented decision maker
◆ Expressive – outgoing social junkie (Descriptions)
WHICH of all these many NEEDS do YOU identify with MOST? A combined of 2 or 3 main ones?
Can you also identify family, friends & co-workers?
NEXT: Category 3. Damage-needs