SITE: Many fun lists of ‘names’ for the 16 types ++ other info
👠 👠 👠
INFP – The HEALER / Clarifier / Harmonizer
❤︎ Most Idealistic
(4.4% world-wide) (4.1% ♂︎ // 4.6% ♀︎) The Angsty poet
NATURAL: Performing noble service to aid society
GOAL: to Dream.
INFPs are reflective & idealistic, interested in serving humanity, with a well-developed, strongly-held value system which they strive to live up to. They’re adaptable & laid-back unless those values are threatened.
Being highly intuitive about people, they enjoy helping others’ inner development to reach their full potential, & are extremely loyal to people who are important to them.
Mentally quick, able to see possibilities, they like coming up with creative solutions to problems. Usually excellent writers.
Their polite, reserved exterior can make them hard to know – at first. However they do enjoy conversation, taking particular delight in the unusual. When in a sociable mood, their humor & charm shine through. Disposed to like people & avoid conflict, they tend to make pleasant company. (More….)
• They’re : contained, creative, flexible, full of wonder, have strong personal values, imaginative, intense, non-directive, opinionated, quirky, reflective, reserved with people, seek inner order & peace
• Hidden side : Often regarded as frivolous daydreamers, they can be shockingly practical, seeing the value of using time & resources wisely. So they have no time for anything that’s irrelevant to their causes, projects or ideals. In a society where E-J behavior is the norm, INFPs are just as busy & functional, but their motivation is internal, & projects are usually personal, not social.
They’re not as pleasant as most sites claim. Many INFPs are harshly judgmental towards people & things they experience as violating their values. Though they usually don’t say anything, they’ll easily ignore anyone who doesn’t meet their standards – without giving it a second thought or consider the real reasons others have for their position.
• Life’s Purpose : Heal those who are hurting
• Their Law : You shall always love yourself
• They Comfort others by saying: You’ve got so much potential, just keep your head up!
• They Say : I’m completely unaware that rules exist, & (I’m worried about) don’t know why everyone seems so stressed. Why can’t everyone just get along??!!
• Catchphrase : It’s better travel hopefully than to arrive
• Communication : Advice – Stop talking about bumblebeesupercumberwho….. They probably won’t start a conversation unless you share their interest – or, unless they’re sure you want to talk to them specifically
• Weaknesses : Too idealistic, loss of confidence, martyr attitude, can’t decide what they want,
• Manipulate : show high moral standards AND are a proudly victimized emo, timid BUT brave
• Paradoxes : Detached dreamer AND hyper-emotional. Tons of dreams BUT no practical realization
• Value: • Fear : of a life without harmony
• Judge people by: their values
• Are Judged for : seeming to be fake
Become STRESSED from situations shown in illustration. They diligently ignore a problem until it’s too big to manage
Under stress (pure Sanguine or Supine) INFPs usually dislike conflict & trend to be passive-aggressive when experiencing frustration or dissatisfaction. They’re deeply dedicated to being their ‘true self’, in the extreme avoiding anyone or anything that doesn’t fit in with their inner value system, becoming intolerant a& hard to please.
In these circumstances they’ll be cynical, depressed, aggressive & prone to acute self-doubt. As stress increases, they can get extremely whimsical & stubborn, insisting on acting on feelings, while ignoring the logical implications & consequences of their actions. Also, they’re inclined to use their self-focus as a standard for all relationships & situations in their lives, sticking only to what reinforces their self-image, & reject everything else
• Hate : stereotypes, feeling overwhelmed, sneaky-amoral-manipulative thinking, being left by a loved one, conflict, feeling invalidated, lack of imagination, having to be too logical & objective, debates that don’t include social justice, asking for help because they want to do it their way
• Don’t argue with an INFP while they’re holding : you hostage
• Never : trap them • Never tell them : “What you just said doesn’t matter”
Advice : Just act on your passion – nothing’s an excuse unless you make it so.
INFPs may struggle to speak up in meetings, leading others to assume they don’t care or have nothing to contribute, which makes it hard to convince others of the value of their ideas.
INFPs can help themselves by accepting they don’t need to resist or fight reality to fulfill their unique vision. Instead, it’s better to accept things as they really are & take advantage of opportunities to build the life they dream of. They need to learn to see all the possibilities without trying to filter them as right or wrong – living in reality instead of trying to change it or ignore it.
YOU : tends to be selective & reserved about sharing your deepest feelings & values, which can sometimes make you hard to understand. You’re seen by family & friends as sensitive and introspective. Your relationship superpower is Support.
• Thrive in any that are: deeply romantic & intimate
• As a friend, you the super quiet one in a group, but crazy with 1 or 2 good friends, always deep & introspective, who’ll listen to someone all day or all night. And when you do give advice, it’s totally on point, like you’re channeling the person’s inner self
• Annoyed with: anyone you think is a fake
INFP Parent / child of INFP parent, INFP child (ALSO….)
• Still single because : you’re the ‘friend’ type
• Unhealthy behavior : say ‘I love you’ on the first date
• Show interest : you’re confusing & slow. By the time they figure it out, you’ll like someone else
• Show love by : coordinating their needs, offer analysis, advice & help
• You want to hear : I believe in you
• You’re attractive/sexy because : you’re full of romance, feel so deeply & passionately. You seem so vulnerable, off in a dream world, & people wish they could be there with you
• You should date : someone who keep you grounded, show you reality, can be your anchor, is completely dependable, can protect you if needed, but also show how to protect yourself, help you modify expectations, & always works to impress you
• To attract you : they have to act like they have a deep broody secret they’re too guarded to let out. Then you won’t eat or sleep until you’ve gotten thru their wall (Your turn-on)
• Some famous INFP: Helen Keller, Carl Rogers, Dick Clark, Neil Diamond, James Taylor, JFK, Lisa Kudrow, Scott Bakula
3 thoughts on “MBTI Type – INFP”
I’m no reader but i definitely would enjoy reading a book written by you
Thank you for your interest.
Everything I’ve written is on the blog – over 900 posts.
Thank you for letting me know I’ll definitely read more of your posts