THE BETTER MY SELF-ESTEEM
the better my relationships
PREVIOUS: Character: HUMANITY (#1)
See ACRONYM Page for abbrev.
💚 INTEGRITY (giving our very best)
It’s uprightness of character – decency, honesty, soundness, & being internally complete or undivided (the True Self).
Expressed as – being loyal, faithful, dependable, & dedicated.
Conducting ourselves responsibly – to the rules & laws of our community & spiritual beliefs. EXP : Honesty eliminates guilt & shame, while increasing self-confidence & sense of inner peace.
• able to admit to making a mistake • be dependable & trustworthy
• be fair in our dealing with others & not be manipulative
• be willing to tell the truth even if it costs us money, friends, even our reputation
• don’t exaggerate to make ourself or things seem bigger or better than we are
• do the ‘right’ thing all the time, even when no one is watching
💚 JUSTICE (rectitude, fairness, uprightness).
Taking personal responsibility to uphold what is pure, right & true. Conforming to the principles of human or divine law, strict performance of moral obligations, integrity in dealing with people, correctly representing facts as to their value or demerit
• always remain open to reason • keep our own conscience clean • never prejudice others • render to everyone their due or right • respect for the authority of law • speak out for what is pure, right & true
💚 LOVE (well-wishing, kindness, self-sacrifice). The emotion of strong affection & attachment. An unselfish loyal & benevolent concern for the good of another. Can be passionate desire, closeness & intimacy, platonic or devotional
• feeling a deep appreciation for everyone we meet because each is unique & special • putting a special someone’s needs before our own • seeing people for who they really are, & still care deeply
💚 LOYALTY (unswerving allegiance)
Show commitment to those we serve or care about, especially during hard times. Hold to our vows, allegiance or obligations towards any person or group.
Being supportive, consistent & faithful to a custom, cause, duty, legitimate (healthy) person or ideal,
It does NOT demand our silence or paralysis when somebody or something is in the wrong, is unfair, unjust….
• be of service to family & community • encourage others in hard times • don’t mock authorities • point out the good in others
💚 SERVICE (giving what we receive)
Giving up some personal rights & expectations – temporarily or for the long term – from a desire to serve. Not just providing goods & services as payment, or performing ones duties.
It’s also helping others to get what they want – actions that don’t involve a return, compensation, or consideration. Unsolicited help or benefit to someone in need, or doing someone a favor. Also, active devotion to God, through good works & prayer.
• be humble, but not humiliated! • be slow to react • be willing to go last, sometimes • don’t be boastful • don’t grumble or complain • honor ones country • look for ways to help others without being asked
💚 TOLERANCE (towards self & others)
Accept ourselves & others just as we /they are, rather than how we’d like ourself /them to be. Appreciate diversity – a willingness to recognize & respect the beliefs or practices of others. Allow others the right to their own opinions & peculiarities, & to be happy in their own way.
Realize that everyone is at a different stage of their character development, & accept that others express their unique character qualities in varying degrees of maturity. Overlook minor irritants in others. Ask ourselves “How important is it?”
• accept the parts of ourself & other people that are UNchangeable • don’t confuse what’s popular with what’s right • expect the same of ourself as we expect of others • listen carefully, with open mind, before forming an opinion • look for ways to help others grow & mature.
NEXT: Principles of C. #1